- 2 C. potatoes, diced large
- 1 C. carrots, diced large
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/3 C. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 C. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
- dash of cayenne (opt.)
- 1/2 tsp. McKay’s chicken-style seasoning, vegan (opt.)
Boil the potatoes and carrots until soft.
Blend potatoes and carrots together along with the rest of the ingredients on high in blender until the cheese is extremely smooth. I use my high-powered VitaMix blender.
Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
This cheese will melt just like real cheese! If it sets up a little in your fridge, just microwave it for about 30 seconds—it will soften up again so it’s easy to spread.