- 4 Portobello mushrooms (de-stemmed)
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 cherry bomb peppers (optional for spicy version)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic (about 1 medium garlic clove)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Your favorite oil for sauteing veggies or veggie broth if not using oil
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ cup veggie broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sub sandwich rolls
Wash and thinly slice mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, cheery bomb peppers and onion.
Saute garlic in a pan using oil or veggie broth until lightly browned. Add veggies and cook covered until mushrooms release some liquid.
Add parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Remove cover and add flour and veggie broth and continue to cook until juice thickens.
Remove from heat and serve in buns