Creamy Dreamy Zucchini Pasta
- 3 small Italian zucchini or 1 large zucchini
- 1 roma tomato
- ½ an avocado
- 2 TB chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice (1 large wedge)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 TB chopped walnuts
- 5 TB water*
- Slice zucchini into very thin strips to resemble noodles. You can use a mandolin, but I just used a knife. Spiralizer is great here if you have one.
- Optional: Boil zucchini noodles for 2 minutes to soften. Reserve water to add to the sauce.
- Set noodles aside in a medium sized mixing bowl. Chop the tomato and add to the noodles.
- Make the sauce. Add the avocado, parsley, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, basil, walnuts and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and tomatoes. Work the sauce into the noodles and tomatoes with your hands until thoroughly combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold later in the day